Learning how to care for luxury vinyl floors is easy with our free care and maintenance guide!
There’s no cause for concern when it comes to spots, spills, or scuffs left by shoes on a luxury vinyl floor (LVP). By observing a few precautions, and with proper care and maintenance, you can ensure that your luxury vinyl floor always looks its best.
WATCH | How to Care for Luxury Vinyl Floors
- At least once a week, use a hard surface (brushless) vacuum, dry mop, and/or sweep to remove loose debris.
- Wipe up spills promptly.
- Mopping with a manufacturer-recommended cleaning solution may be needed when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not enough.
- Soap or detergent products are not recommended for luxury vinyl floors as they will leave a dulling film on the surface.
*Steam mops will void any manufacture warranty.
The overall stain resistance of luxury vinyl flooring is excellent, and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort.
- Always use a clean, white cloth for wiping up stains. Turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stain.
- Rinse with clean water and allow the area to dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
PROTECTING YOUR FLOORS
- Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances (such as oil, asphalt, and driveway sealer) from being tracked onto your floor.
- Use non-staining mats on your floor. Do not put rubber-backed, latex-backed, or coco fiber mats on your floor. Doing so may stain or damage the surface of your floor.
- Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors.
- If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor (even if you have an appliance dolly or if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers).
REDUCE PERIODS OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT
Close your curtains or blinds where direct sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings, including luxury vinyl floors, to fade, discolor or expand.
Download our free Luxury Vinyl Care & Maintenance guide to learn more about luxury vinyl floors!
Visit us on Youtube to learn about caring for other Floor & Home products.